Generic Software, Inc. is pleased to announce the availability of Save Output Queue (SOQ) Release 8.80. SOQ is a
complete spooled file management system for the AS/400 (iSeries). SOQ provides users with the ability to archive spooled files, restore spooled files, convert spooled files to data files (ASCII and/or
EBCDIC), duplicate spooled files, delete spooled files, and move spooled files from one output queue to another.
All of SOQ's functions can be performed on a single spooled file or on a group of spooled
files. Any combination of up to 14 different criteria can be used to identify groups of spooled files to be processed. The criteria includes output queue name, spooled file name, user name, job
name, forms type, and creation date just to name a few.
Enhancements introduced in Release 8.80 of Save Output Queue include:
- Added support for Media Library (MLB) devices.
- Added the new command, PURGESOQOH, for purging the SOQ On-Line History file.
- Enhanced the SOQ installation and upgrade processes to prevent common errors.
- Improved message handling and feedback for the CVTOUTQ, CVTSPLF, DELOUTQ, DELSPLF, MOVOUTQ and MOVSPLF commands
- Improved cursor position retention when switching between different views of a single list.
- An updated .PDF version of the SOQ Reference Manual.
SOQ functions are accessible via menu and command interfaces. The menu interface provides users instant and easy access to SOQ functions. The command interface allows users to
incorporate SOQ functions into their own applications programs.
SOQ Release 8.80 works with all releases of OS/400 from V3R1M0 through V5R2M0 and can process any spooled file (including spooled files
containing graphics, barcodes, and AFP print overlay references).